Friday, August 28, 2009

The Eyes Have It

Over the past two years or so I have been having problems with my eyes. I have some rogue lower eyelashes that like to grow back toward my eyes rather then out and down. You wouldn't think something as benign as an eyelash could do much damage, but the pointy ends have scratched and scared the cornea of my eyes. I can usually tell when they've become a problem as my eyes get extremely light sensitive. My eye Doctor has had me come in about every 5 weeks or so to pluck the offending eyelashes. I was last in to see him on Wednesday. My eyes are feeling much better and he gave me the ok to start wearing my contacts again. He did tell me to take that part slow though as my eyes are still healing. He also recommended that I get the offending lashes permanently removed. I'm not exactly sure how that will work. It's not like they can sap them with a laser. Apparently it is an in office procedure so how bad can it be? I'm sure this will be more then a one time thing until all the offenders are identified and removed. My first appointment will be in about 5 weeks. It will be nice to get this problem resolved and perhaps be able to see like a semi-normal person. Not to mention getting to wear my killer sunglasses again. Stay tuned.

No comments: