Friday, December 28, 2007

Bad Eyes

It's always somewhat depressing to visit my optometrist for my yearly eye exam. Every visit I'm told my eyes are a little worse. Considering I had 20/20 vision going into my 40s, the decline of my eyesight is just another reminder that I'm not getting any younger. I've never liked wearing glasses and never felt comfortable wearing contacts. I'm not a candidate for Lasik, so I have to put up with one or the other for the foreseeable future. The eye exam was routine until the Doctor asked if my right eye was bothering me. Now with my allergies, my eyes are always bothering me so I told him no. He told me it should since once again two of my eyelashes were growing such that the tips were scratching my cornea. This has happened before so we're thinking I might have to come in for more regular visits to check on those pesky eyelashes. The Doctor removed the offending eyelashes and I must say I can definitely tell a difference. The rest of the exam proceeded without incident. I ordered new lenses for my glasses and discovered that my insurance now pays for 50%. Sweet. I go back in a month to my cornea checked and try a new type of contact. I'd love to give up the glasses so we'll see.

After the exam, Ann and I went out for bbq and then to Target to return a few items. Upon returning home, I curled up on the couch and took a nap. I've been feeling really tired lately and I'm not sure why. Hopefully it's only temporary. After getting up from my nap, I helped Ann set up her pedometer, a Christmas gift from Daughter#2 and The Son In Law. She went out for a short walk to test it out and seems pleased by it. Hopefully this will get her walking more.

Now its time to warm up the TV and watch Maryland play Oregon State in the Emerald Bowl. Have a good weekend.

No comments: