Tuesday, May 15, 2007

By An Eyelash

I stopped by my eye doctor after work to see what was going on with my eye. The Doctor confirmed that my right cornea was swollen and scratched. Besides making my eye extremely bloodshot and irritated, it also made me very light sensitive. As it turned out the culprit was one of my own eyelashes. As my Doctor described it, eyelashes are amazingly strong, pointy and sharp for pieces of hair. One of mine had grown such that the tip was rubbing against my cornea scratching and irritating it. This, of course, caused me to rub it all the more adding to the damage and in essence bruising my eye. The Doctor plucked out the offending eyelash and gave me some antibiotic drops to put in my eye. I can already tell a big difference. It will take several days for the eye to heal up and I have a return visit to the Doctor scheduled for next Monday. Thanks to Ann for nagging me to go to the Doctor so I can keep my eye for a while longer.

No comments: