Monday, February 23, 2009

Relationship

I've seen this relationship meme making the rounds on the Internet such as at Tantrum Warehouse, Sundry, Dooce and Bitchypoo, so I'll take a stab at it.

What are your middle names?
Ann is Cecilia. I have no middle name. Weird but true. I had a heck of a time convincing my 3rd Grade teacher that I didn't have one to the point she sent a note home to my parents.

How long have you been together?
We started dating in 1975 and were married in 1976 so that's 34 years. Damn we are old.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Maybe a week. We met in a class our employer sent us to. I was living in Charleston, SC and Ann was living in Virginia, where the class was held.

Who asked whom out?
Ann asked me out during a class break. There was a Holiday Inn with a lounge/bar next door to the office building where we were taking our class. We went there after class for drinks/dinner.

How old are each of you?
We are both 57. Ann is two months older than me.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Ann's only sibling, an older brother, died in an auto accident along with his wife when he was in his 20s so we that leaves my siblings by default. Of my brother and sister, I see my sister the most.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Right now it's money and dealing with The Son.

Did you go to the same school?
No. Ann went to Ohio University and I went to Auburn. We did go to Graduate School at George Washington University together though.

Are you from the same home town?
No. Ann was born in Washington, DC and grew up in Maryland. I was born in NJ and grew up in NJ, North Carolina and Maryland.

Who is smarter?
I'd say Ann is probably smarter. She graduated with high honors. I graduated. Enough said there.

Who is the most sensitive?
Ann definitely. I'm much more laid back.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?

We eat out usually once or twice a week. Every Friday we have pizza at the Pizza Gourmet. It's our Cheers. The waitresses bring us our drinks without having to ask what we want.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Probably Miami to watch Daughter#2 play in a soccer tournament.

Who has the craziest exes?
Neither of us dated much in high school or college so crazy exes are not existent.

Who has the worst temper?
Ann by a wide margin.

Who does the cooking?
Ann does the majority of the cooking. I cook Wednesday and if we grill outside, I'll do that.

Who is the neat-freak?
Ha, if you saw our house it would become obvious that neither one of us is. We have people come in to do the cleaning for us. We think it's money well spent.

Who is more stubborn?
Definitely it's Ann. I think I see a trend here.

Who hogs the bed?

I'd say probably me, but only because Ann is not a cuddler and flees to her side of the bed to avoid contact.

Who wakes up earlier?
Ann does. She gets up at an ungodly hour even on weekends. Sleep is to be savored.

Where was your first date?

At a place called the Purple Parachute. That was the name of the lounge/bar in the Holiday Inn. Our Happy Hour date lasted much longer than either of us planned.

Who is more jealous?
I can't say either of us acts very jealous.

How long did it take to get serious?

Almost right away. We were taking a four week course together so we saw each other every day in class and went out every night and on the weekends. We knew each other pretty well by the time I headed back to South Carolina.

Who eats more?

I do by a far margin.

Who does the laundry?
I'll get the laundry started. I gather all the dirty clothes and get them down to the laundry room and starting the first load. As far as keeping things moving along, it's whomever is available. Its about 50/50 for finishing up and doing the folding.

Who’s better with the computer?

We both know the basics, but not much more. I might have a slight edge here. When things get hairy we call The Son.

Who drives when you are together?
I do 95% of the driving when we go somewhere.

fell free to copy the questions and answer in your blog.

No comments: