1. I don't think anyone gets the childhood they THINK they deserve. Because parents are human and they make mistakes. That being said; what did you lesson(s) did you learn from your parents that you used when raising your own children?
I was lucky to have a great childhood with exceptional parents. I like to think I learned from my parents to be fair, loving and be involved in your kids lives.
2. I find myself caught up in the lives of people I only know through blogging. Who have you "met" through the blogosphere that you would like to meet in real life and why?
I have many blogs I check in on almost every day. Here are a few:
Tantrum Warehouse - Elizabeth is funny and a fairly new Mom.
Keep Up with Me - Zandria is local, which makes many of her posts of interest since I know the setting, etc.
So the Fish Said - Beth is also local and encouraged me to start a blog. She's sort of overwhelmed these days with two young children.
A Quiet Life - Laura lives in Alaska and has a lot of cats. We connected through Holidailes last year. We both work for the Government so we had that connection. She takes great pictures as well.
True(ish) Story - Tess is just plain funny.
This Isn't What I Ordered - What can I say? Fannie is witty, has a cute terrier and agreed to interview me.
There are plenty more I follow. Just ask.
3. What three things MUST you have to spend a night away from home?
A. A toothbrush
B. Contacts or glasses
C. Clean underwear/socks
4. In my opinion there are "Mountain" people and "Ocean" people. Think about where you would live, work, vacation, etc given the chance. Which are you?
Definitely ocean people. We vacation at the beach every year. I'd love to retire and live at the beach.
5. What adjective do people use to describe you that secretly pleases you?
Hmmm..I don't really know how people describe me other than quiet and short. I did attend a meeting in LA recently where we all had to get up and introduce ourselves including what we did for fun. When I mentioned rowing and biking my Deputy Program Manager later said to me he had wondered what type of workouts I did (he's big runner) to be in such good shape so I guess that was a pleasant surprise.
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.