Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Off

I love my Fridays off. Its such a luxury to be able to sleep in. This nonsense about getting up at 3:30 in the morning to go to work gets old. Another nice thing about my Friday off, its also payday. Even if the money is in my checking account for only a few hours, its always nice to see. After Ann and I arm wrestle to see who gets to walk the dogs in the early morning (usually her), I grab my Pepsi and turn on the computer to pay the bills. If the Internet could do only one thing, paying bills electronically would win my vote. Fast, convenient and relatively painless. Of course it quickly empties the bank account .

After paying the bills, it was off to erg for 30 minutes. As I suspected, by missing my Weds row, my distance was a bit off. I couldn't hold the splits I wanted in the last 10 minutes. I came up short by 32 meters of my personal best. I wasn't that disappointed and 30 minutes of exercise is always worth it. I'll try again tomorrow.

After a shower it was off to lunch at one of the local BBQ places. Having lived in NC for a year, SC for two years and Alabama for 4 years, I appreciate good BBQ. We have three BBQ restaurants in the neighborhood including two that are literally across the street from one another. Makes no sense to me, but there you have it. After a tasty plate of pork BBQ and a glass or two of beer, we were off to run some errands and do some grocery shopping. I swear to we go Giant every single day. We're always out of something or other. It gets old. I did make some white bean chili for dinner tonight. Thanks to Bush Beans for the recipe. Easy to make and with some crusty sourdough, a fine meal. Till tomorrow....

No comments: