Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Eyes

Just a reminder that if you live in the northern Virginia, Washington DC area and would like to try your hand at rowing, the Prince William Rowing Club will hold a Learn to Row Day this Sunday at the Oxford Boathouse in the Lake Ridge Park from 1:00 to 3:00. Directions to the park can be found at the link for Lake Ridge Park or at the PWRC website: www.pwrc.org.

Wednesday I went in for a follow up exam on my eyes. My eyes have been giving me problems since January. They've been very irritated plus my eyelashes were scratching my cornea. My eyes were better despite requiring a few more eyelashes to be plucked and the decision was made to try and fit me with some new contacts. I've been wearing glasses now for over 15 years and I've never really liked them. I tried hard contact lenses for awhile, but I couldn't keep them moist enough and I'd have to take them out after 4 or 5 hours. I also have pretty severe astigmatism, which up to now made most soft contacts and Lasik unsuitable. Technology continues to advance and my Doctor wanted to try some new contacts that are part hard lenses and part soft lenses. He fitted me with a pair and wow I could see. Currently my glasses can't correct my vision to 20/20. These new lenses will. The contacts are now on order and I should have them in about a week. It should make a big difference on how I see the world.

No comments: