Saturday, September 27, 2008

A New Blog and Family BBQ

Since Daughter#1 was laid off from her job, she has a lot of free time on her hands now. She has chosen to start a Blog (a chip off the old block). She'll be sharing details of her job search and of her upcoming wedding. She'll also throw in some rowing stuff too since she'll be coxing a Women's Master 4+ in the Head of the Charles. Check it out.

We had my uncle and his wife over for a cookout this afternoon. They recently moved to Virginia from Florida along with their son (my cousin) and his wife. They were due to work at the nuclear plant at Lake Anna and that job was put on hold and then they were hired to work at Ft Belvoir and that job went away so they're hustling to find jobs. Even though he's my uncle (father's side), he's only 4 years older than me and my cousin is about 28 years younger than me. Very unusual. We grilled up some brats and chicken and swapped stories for the afternoon. It was good to see them again. He was a big part of my life growing up and it's nice having some family close by again.

It was a good day for my football teams. Auburn hung on to beat Tennessee. Maryland beat Clemson, Ohio beat VMI, Navy beat Wake Forest and Va Tech is winning at Nebraska. Lets hope the Redskins can do as well tomorrow against the hated Cowboys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention the family blogs are a great source for those looking to procrastinate? It's about time you had your kin over for lunch. sheesh! Maybe you should have them up again when I come to visit... after the biking I mean.