Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Slow Row

As spring slowly approaches (where the hell is it? I'm so tired of this cold overcast weather), I've been trying to increase the frequency of my workouts. I want to be ready when I can finally get out out on the water, which is 1 April. Since I work at home on Wednesdays, I dragged out my erg for a row. The past month or so, I've been erging Friday, Saturday and Sundays. I figured a Wednesday row would help going into the weekend. I figured 5,000 meters would be fine. I was so wrong. For whatever the reason I just didn't have it. My legs felt heavy. I had no pop to my stroke and my splits were slow. I tried picking up the pace to get my splits down, but all that did was wear me out faster. Maybe it was just one of those days, but man what a sucky row. I got through it, but it wasn't fun and my time was slow. By a good minute. I can take solace in that I finished the workout and there is benefit to that, but it was less then satisfying Hopefully I can come back on Friday with something a lot better. Getting out on the water can't come fast enough. This rowing in the bedroom isn't going well.

1 comment:

Kim said...

soon soon soon!!