Thursday, March 1, 2007

Routine

Its been a rather routine week in the household so not much to report. Said routine consists of getting up at 3:30, get ready for work, commute to work, get to desk at 6:30, work for the man till 4:00, commute home, change into nonwork clothes - usually jeans and a sweatshirt this time of year, enjoy a beer or two, eat dinner, watch some television, go to bed. Repeat. Weds is my work at home day so a change to the routine and it really helps in breaking up the week. An extra 2 1/2 hours of sleep doesn't hurt either. Somehow there is nothing as satisfying as rolling over and going back to sleep while your spouse heads off to southern Maryland. One of the benefits of working from home, is the lack of interruption from your co-workers. Not that I don't love my co-workers. At times, though, its eerily quiet and you're like someone, anyone, send me an e-mail. Throw me a bone. The dogs aren't much company as they're usually off sleeping on one or more of the beds. Slackers. Since I'm home on Weds, it also falls to me to make dinner for Ann and The Son. Dinners lately have come from The Son's cookbook that he received for Christmas. Its one of the Rachel Ray cookbooks. Last night it was Balsamic Glazed pork chops. It comes out pretty tasty although its not really a glaze like I think of a glaze. But we all eat it with no complaints.

Another benefit of working from home is that I have the time to row. When I have to commute down to southern Maryland, by the time I get home, I'm just too beat to even think of exercising. So during my lunch hour I hopped on the erg for a 5,000 meter row. Initially I wasn't trying for a personal best, but it felt good. The swing was there and I bested my best time by 2 seconds. That was the good news. The bad news is I didn't move by anyone in the rankings. I keep a log of my meters rowed on the Concept2 web site. They also give you the opportunity to rank yourself against other rowers from around the world for certain distances (1,000, 5,000, 10,000, etc. meters) or certain times (meters rowed over 30 Min, etc.). You can sort the rankings by age group, gender and weight. Anyway, despite lowering my time, i didn't pass anyone. I need to take another second or two. Next time.

It appears that the reservoir has thawed out and some of the local high schools will be taking to the water on Saturday with the rest starting on Monday. Can Spring be far behind?

No comments: