Saturday, December 19, 2009

Welcome to My Blizzard

I'm sure most people have heard that the eastern US is getting hit with a major snowstorm. Living in the Washington DC area, I think we got the worst of it. Just over 24 inches of the white stuff. That's almost unheard of around here. Its probably been over 20 years since we had a storm like this. While its pretty to look at, especially when the outside Christmas lights came on at dusk and it made the bushes look like they were covered in cotton, I dread shoveling it tomorrow. There was no sense in trying to shovel today what with it snowing so hard and the strong winds. It would have been a struggle I couldn't win. So what did it look like? This is a picture of our deck about 10:00AM this morning. There was about 8 inches then.

Looking across the street during the height of the storm. Its about noon.


Another picture of our deck about 1:00 PM.

Although you can't really tell from this picture, it's still snowing out and another 4 to 6 inches still to come.

Another shot from the road in front of our house. I loved the way the snow clung to the trees.

The snow nearly buried our bushes.

I'm sure tomorrow's entry will be about how tired and sore I am from shoveling unless our neighbor a house or two down decides to clear everyone's driveway with his snow blower. Hoping!

No comments: