Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Real End of the Christmas Season

Today is traditionally one of the most depressing days of the year for me. The reason being is today is the day we finally took down our tree and the rest of the Christmas decorations. Our tree, which lighted up our living room and our lives is now a barren dead tree waiting on the curb for the garbage men to come by for it in the morning. The house looks plain and boring now after our literal festival of lights. I guess I should mention that the outside lights are still on the bushes, but not turned on. Ann insisted leaving them off after we were the only ones in the neighborhood with them on Saturday night. The outside lights would have come down as well, but it has just been to cold to work long outside. I am delicate after all.

What did drag my outside, if only for about 30 minutes was the delivery of a new 8+ shell to the boathouse. We co-own the boat with Forest Park High School. We originally bought the boat about 3 years ago and frankly the boat was a bit of a disappointment from a workmanship point of view and a durability stand point also. WinTech stepped up after much discussion with the high school booster club and agreed to replace the original boat. The replacement showed up today. I went down to he boathouse to help unload it and put it away. Looks like a great boat and I can't wait to get a chance to row in it. That is also a reminder that I need to get off my butt and onto the erg and weights to get ready for the upcoming season.

No comments: