Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Day In The Paint Mine

It would seem that most of my free time this Christmas/New Year's break will be spent painting The Son's Condo. While there was a bunch of us painting it the other day, today it was just me. Sure it's The Son's Condo, but he was of no help whatsoever. Even though he knew we were going to paint today, he stayed up super late last night and spent most of today asleep on his couch. I'd like to say he was out partying at least ringing in the new year, but apparently he was just gaming all night. I suppose its better that way as he doesn't have a massive hangover and was just tired instead. I wanted to get an early start, like around 9:00, but The Son didn't get up until 11:30. By the time I finished putting a second coat on the accent wall, it was time for lunch. By the time lunch was over and I had put a second coat on the second living room wall, it was getting to be late afternoon. I finished up by taping his dining room in preparation for painting it tomorrow and then it was time for dinner. Getting home I relaxed for a few minutes with a beer or two, had dinner and then promptly fell asleep on the couch watching the end of the Rose Bowl. I'm awake just long enough to get this posted and then it's back to bed for me. I let The Son know tonight that I didn't want to take another whole day waiting for him to get his butt out of bed and then spending all afternoon painting. I plan to get down to his place as early as I can and finish up before lunchtime when Daughter#1 and her husband will be returning from Virginia Beach. I expect to relax the afternoon away with them. Time for bed. Goodnight.

No comments: