Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Feast

Today dawned clear and bright. The first sun we've seen in quite a few days. And it was cold. Very cold. A mere 18 degrees with a wind chill of 10. That's cold for Virginia. It's suppose to be back into the 50s and raining by Christmas eve. I find rain so depressing. It's so not Christmas. Give me snow and if you can't give me snow, at least make it somewhat cold. Rain? Bah Humbug!

Today Ann and I shopped for our Christmas feast. We ended up going to two different grocery stores to track down all that we needed. Dinners are always a bit more of a challenge when Daughter#2 is in attendance since she is a vegetarian and also lactose intolerant. We try to be sensitive to her needs and make sure she has something here she can eat. That includes Christmas dinner where we have purchased a tofu turkey with all the trimmings for her. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out and how it tastes. I hope it turns out well for her sake.

Tomorrow is my last day to commute down to the base for this year. I have a feeling it will be either crazy busy with a push to get things pushed out the door or very laid back with many people already off or at least in holiday mode. I'm hoping for the latter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrr....! I hate cold. :)

Very nice of you to take care of the vegetarian/lactose intolerant daughter. I guess that means she's pretty much vegan...