Tuesday, December 9, 2008

White Bean Chili

We are still finishing up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Ovcr the years, you come up with different ways to use up the leftovers. There are always sandwiches, of course - regular and open faced. We also make a version of Shepard's Pie using turkey instead of ground beef or lamb. Another recipe favorite we discovered on a Bush's bean can was White Bean Chili. Ann was indisposed tonight so I was put in charge of getting dinner ready.

To begin I added some olive oil to a pan and sauteed an onion.

While that onion was cooking, I got the rest of the ingredients ready including the green chilies, some northern beans, cumin, flour and the turkey.

I added the green chilies, cumin and flour with the onion and cooked for about 4 minutes before adding the beans. I bought that mixture to a boil and let simmer for another ten minutes and then added the turkey. I let the mixture just simmer for about forty-five minutes before serving.

Serve in a bowl with some crusty sourdough bread and you have some happy satisfied campers. Yum!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://imageorigins.blogspot.com/