Monday, March 10, 2008

A Fast Weekend

I have no idea where the weekend went, but it seemed to fly right on by. Saturday I woke up a good deal later than usual, about 8:30. I was wiped out and need the extra hour or so as I was up way to late on Fridnay night. It seemed to make for a short morning and we were out the door by 11:30 to grab some lunch at Friday's before hitting Target and Giant and then heading home. It was 3:30 by the time we got home. What took so long?

After the rain on Friday and Saturday morning, the sun came out and the temperature reached the mid 60s. When we got home and unpacked (still no jeans), we harnessed up the dogs and headed out for a walk. We were out about 10 minutes before the clouds rolled back in and it started to rain again. The temperature then dropped about 20 degrees in two hours and the wind started howling with gusts up to 40 mph. Ah March in Virginia. After running the dogs back through the rain, we just settled in front of the TV to watch George Mason top Northeaster in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) tournament quarterfinals. We then dashed off to Mass came home and ate dinner and then crawled into bed by 9:00. We're party animals, I tell you.

Sunday I woke up and looked at the clock and was surprsied that it was 8:15 already. Sleeping in two days in a row was stranage indeed. It wasn't until I stumbled dowstairs to grab my Coke and breakfast bar that it dawned on me that Ann ahad already set our clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time. I felt a little better, but missed the extra sleep. I made my erg class at 11:00 and got in 10,500 meters. I felt it the rest of the day. I just felt out of sorts all day, almost flu like symptoms. I was cold all the time and felt achey. After the class, I fixed Ann and I some Taylor Ham sandwhiches and toast and then settled in for a day of basketball. We watched all or part of VA Tech vs Clemson, William and Mary vs Virginia Commonwealth, Goerge Mason vs UNC - Wilmington and Maryland vs Virginia. Most were entertaining although the MD vs VA game was sort of sad if you were a Maryland fan. They probably played their way out of the NCAA tournament. The CAA final is tonight and I'm hoping George Mason makes it back to the dance.

Our internet at home has been very sparadic over the past few weeks, but particularly this weekend It won't be working in the morning, it will work for a few hours and then cut out again. A Comcast tech is suppose to be out today to take a look at it. Lets hpoe it gets fixed. Its frustrating being without.

No comments: