Saturday, March 29, 2008

It Hurts To Workout

Oh man it is so hard getting back on the erging bandwagon. I haven't worked out in over three weeks due to my infection. Now that the miracle that is modern science and antibiotics have seemingly cured me, it was time to start working out again. Can I say that erging after a three week lay off is really hard. At least if you're old like me. I did a 5,000 meter piece yesterday. It was gruelling and my time was a major suck. I tried another 5,000 meter this morning and while I took 32 seconds off Friday's time, it was still a pretty sucky time compared to what I had been pulling. Just goes to show how bad Friday really was. I've truly lost all my endurance. Lack of wind leads to major breaks in form which equals sucky times. I know from previous lay offs that my endurance will come back pretty quickly if I keep at it. Tomorrow's erg class will help. I'll need it as I can start sculling again in just five days. I don't want to embarrass myself on the water by stopping every five minutes to catch my breath. Now all we need is some warm weather and low winds. The last thing I want to do is flip a single on a cold day in 50 degree water. Not that I've done that, of course.

Why I'm envious of my kids. Daughter#2 just returned from two weeks in England and Scotland. Daughter#1 just finished her big trade show in Philadelphia (pictures to follow I'm told) and is now sitting on the beach in Cocoa Beach, FL with her boyfriend. What is wrong with these pictures I ask you? Maybe I need to be a kid again.

No comments: