Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Not Quite Yet

Well despite what the dealer said, the Concorde was, in fact, not ready for pick up. When we got there after work, the service department was already closed, but the dealership itself was still open. When they brought the car out, the exhaust was fixed and it has passed the state inspection, but some trim around the rear passenger window that we asked them to fix wasn't so we had to leave it there. Believe me when I tell you that it is really annoying when you drive 35 minutes each way after a full day's work and the car isn't fixed properly. It was too late to do anything about dinner so we opted to swing by KFC on the way home and pick up a bucket of chicken, watch the Nationals on TV and fall into a fat induced sleep and start over again at 3:30 in the morning. Luckily I didn't have to drive in so I could sleep, but I did have to drive all the way home. Our Waldorf driver decided he was too tired to drive. Tuesday traffic was light, which was a blessing. Come Thursday it will be a mess as people bail early for the holiday weekend. Thank god I don't have to drive to work on Friday. The whole Beltway/I95/I395 will be gridlocked.

I had a follow-up for my eye yesterday evening. The Doctor told me that its still a little swollen and the scratches are still healing, but that it looked much better. I have to say it feels much better. He still recommended eye drops for another 10 days.

Come on 3 day weekend!

No comments: