Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Eyes Have It

Yesterday I had a follow up appointment with my eye doctor to see how the scratches on the cornea on my right eye were doing. The scratches were caused by my own eyelashes of all things. In the interium since my previous appointment, my eyes have been just a disaster. They have been red, irritated, gooey and crusty. There is nothing like waking up to find your eyes sealed shut by the crud from your eyes. I think the problem with my eyes is somewhat related to the bad flair up I had with my eczama since they both began around the same time. The good news is that the scratches have pretty much healed. However another offending eyelash had to be removed as it was starting to rub against my eye again. I'll have to start making regular visits to get the eyelashes monitored. That is so weird. The bad news is my eyes are a mess. My eye lids are swollen besides being red and irrated. Turns out most of the small ducts under the lids which produce an oily substance to mix with your tears are clogged and need to be cleared. The Doctor outlined the treatment to clear up my eyes including antibiotics and ointment for my eye lids. He also prescribed hot compresses as often as possible to help open up those clogged ducts. I did hot compresses twice yesterday and my eyes feel a lot better. It's a bit impracticle to do at work, but I'm looking forward to doing it tonight. I have another appointment in two weeks to see how things are going. He did mention steroid shots into the lids if the hot compresses don't work. I'd really like to avoid that.

Its a busy day at home even though I'm not there. The groomer is cleaning up the dogs so they should look cute and not smell. A plumber is also dropping by The Son's condo to see if a leak in his bathroom can be located. Hopefully that won't be a big deal.

Congratulations to Anyabeth who had a babygirl on Monday.

LOST is back tonight. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Frank. Looks like I will be interviewing you for the "Citizen of the Month Blogger Interviews". Give me some time to read some of your blog and then I will email you my oh so in-depth questions...or something like that. So when you get a chance, email me at tragedystrikes@hotmail.com so I have your email addy at the ready.