Sunday, January 11, 2009

End of the Season

Today marked the official end of our holiday celebration as we took down our tree and put it out on the curb for the garbage men to pick up in the morning. I always find it so depressing taking the ornaments off the tree and putting it outside. Needless to say, I put it off as long as possible. We were really happy with our tree this year. It's probably one of the best we have ever had. Even in taking it out out today, the needles were still pliable and it still smell piney. I was really sad to see it go. I think we'll seriously consider getting this type of tree next year Goodbye tree.
Before dealing with the tree, I did attend my erg class and managed to finish with slightly over 10,500 meters. A good total for me. I also do the weekend breakfasts so after I got home from the gym and showered, I made waffles for Ann, The Son and myself. We also tried some turkey bacon today. It's a lot less fatty and I had heard, I think on the "Today" show, that it tastes pretty much the same as regular bacon. I thought it was ok ,but my other panel of experts gave it a thumbs down. I guess we are back to the real thing next time we shop. The rest of the day, except for dealing with the tree, was spent lounging in front of the TV watching football games and just maybe slipping into a nap or two in the process.

Saturday Ann, The Son and I traveled up to Fairfax for a lunch of BBQ at Red, Hot and Blue. I do love me some BBQ. I got the pulled pork and rib combo. I was delightfully stuffed when we finished. After lunch we drove across the street (almost literally) to the Patriot Center on the campus of George Mason University. GMU was playing the Monarchs of Old Dominion University from down in the tidewater region of Virginia. As before its good couple hours of fun with GMU winning in the end. We hope to attend a few more games during the course of the season.

Friday was our compressed work schedule day off and payday. Yea! I did the grocery shopping and worked on the books for my rowing club. Nothing too exciting, but it's always nice having a day off.

Hope you had a fun weekend.

No comments: