Sunday, December 30, 2007

An Empty Nest

This weekend was spent getting The Son out of the house and moved in to his new place. He is the last of the kids to move out on his own. We are now officially empty nesters. The Son had been dragging his feet a bit claiming that he needed a new desk for his desktop computer so he can play World of Warcraft. We have been looking for a while and no desk seem to meet his requirements. Finally between myself, Ann and his gf, we convinced him to use, at least temporarily, the desk here at home that he has been using. Given inertia, I'm pretty sure he'll use the old desk almost indefinitely. After we moved the last few things from his room to his new place, although he did leave us his dirty laundry to wash and bring to him today, the four of us went out for dinner at the Original Steakhouse. The place was mobbed or at least the bar area was. I've been told it's usually crowded with the younger set at night, but I rarely go there at night, mostly just for lunch, so I had no idea it was such a happening place.

Today I made it to the gym and the erg class. There was about 20 of us so that made it a bit more bearable. I did get my 10,000 meters in during the class and didn't have to erg any extra minutes after the class was over to make my goal. I can really feel right now. My body can tell when I've not kept up and missed classes. Hopefully with the holidays almost over, I can get back into more of a regular workout regimen.

I just got off the phone with Daughter#1. She and her bf are in New Hampshire skiing this weekend. I guess a better description would be learning to ski since neither has skied before. Actually we did take the kids once to Ski Liberty and Daughter#1 hated it. Particularly the boots. I guess she decided to give it a try again and she said she liked it. I guess you can teach an old girl new tricks.

Time for Redskins football. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments: