Monday, December 3, 2007

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

There is nothing like a Monday off and extending your weekend another day. Somehow laying in bed and knowing that most of the rest of the working world is cursing the need to rise at an ungodly hour and fighting the other worker drones on the highway is quite satisfying. Especially hearing The Son get up and leave is even sweeter.
After finally rising, and enjoyed my daily jolt of caffeine via a Coke and a toasted bagel, I checked my e-mail, including my work e-mail, and listened to The Junkies discuss the happenings in the sports world over the weekend. I did manage to talk my way out of a business trip to the west coast next week, which made opening my work e-mail worthwhile.
Mid-morning our realtor called and we discussed The Son's offer on the condo he is interested in. He gave us the ok to act as his agent, so to speak, and we were able to close the deal. He goes to closing in three weeks. Quite the Christmas present. Its like right out of Miracle on 34th Street, one of my favorite holiday movies ever, where Natalie Wood asks Kris Kringle to get her a new house for Christmas. We have a house inspector coming by tomorrow to give the place the once over to make sure its all good.
After a celebratory lunch of pork barbecue and a cold Yuengling, we headed over to Target to get a few things including a few additional sets of light nets for outside. I spent about two hours running extension cords and placing various nets of lights on our bushes. This is the first year I have used all nets rather than individual strings of lights. It definitely saves time although not quite as much as I would have thought. One problem I have from year to year is trying to remember how I had things arranged from the year before. Every year its like starting over from scratch. I need to take notes or pictures or both. This is this years results. Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments: