Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree Part II

Ah another Monday off. I love having the extended weekend. I'll so miss them come January. After sleeping in I finally rolled out of bed around 8:00. I enjoyed my healthy breakfast of a bottle of Coke and a Honey Nut Cheerio Breakfast Bar. I played around on the computer for a bit before pulling out my erg. I did a 30 minute row and while it was better than my 30 minute row on Saturday, I still have a way to go to where I'm satisfied. I lowered my average 500 meter split by a second so there is progress. We'll see if I can continue to bring the split down and the meters up over the course of the rest of the month.

After my workout it was time to tackle decorating the Christmas tree. We had put it up in the living room yesterday, but it was too wet to decorate. Today it was ready. What would decorating the tree be without first fighting to untangle the lights?


Its my job to put the lights on, but really its a two person job, at least at the beginning. Here is my trusty assistant helping me with the lights.

I guess you can say there are two different camps when it comes to tree lights. The multicolor lights or the all white lights. We're a multi-color light family. While our outside lights are all white, we like the festive look the lights of a different color bring to the tree. The tree with all the lights in place and ready for ornaments.

I pretty much ended up putting most of the ornaments on the tree myself. Somehow my trusty assistant got involved in other tasks and only added a few ornaments to the tree. The dogs were no help either. I'm not sure how much longer their lame excuse about not having opposable thumbs is going to hold up. Anyway, with carols playing in the background, I placed our various treasured ornaments lovingly on the tree. Each year we assign a portion of the tree to each of the kids. The various ornaments they made over the years in school or Brownies or the ornaments from relatives or friends that have the kid's names on them hang in each of their assigned areas. This year Daughter#1's ornaments will be on the left, The Son in the middle and Daughter#2 on the right. Usually they each hang their own ornaments. Sadly that is no longer the case. They have grown up and moved out, well except for The Son, but even he will be gone soon. Now I hang them and their memories of Christmas's past. The almost finished tree is below. We still have a few ornaments to add and some popcorn/cranberry garland to add. We think it looks just fine. We're all ready for Santa to leave our presents under the tree. We've been good, I promise.

No comments: